PACES and CFC ANCOP Global Foundation have signed a Partnership Agreement to continue their cooperation in supporting Filipino students pursuing undergraduate studies leading to bachelor of science degrees in selected Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) degree programs in Philippine state universities and colleges. PACES President Marizel Magistrado Rojas, with PACES Scholarship Committee Chair Dr.Efren Abaya, and CFC ANCOP Global Foundation President Virgilio Rafael signed the Agreement.
PACES (Philippinisch-Österreichische Kultur- und Bildungsgesellschaft) is a non-profit association of civic-minded members of the Philippine and Austrian communities in Austria. Founded in 2016, it has the twin goals of promoting studies in STEM fields as a vehicle for Philippine development and progress, and of nurturing and promoting the synergies that exist between Austria and the Philippines.
CFC ANCOP is a Philippine-based non-profit organization founded by the Catholic family renewal community Couples for Christ (CFC) for the purpose of consolidating the efforts of CFC chapters and other partners in Building the Church of the Poor through educational scholarships, community development, and calamity and disaster response. CFC ANCOP will provide local administration in the Philippines of scholarships funded by PACES, including direct supervision of each scholar by designated ANCOP teams in each scholar’s locality. CFC ANCOP will also shoulder the cost of organizing and delivering regular values formation programs for the scholars.
It’s partnership with PACES started in 2017 and has already graduated four scholars.
The current scholarship program is called STEMS75 to recognize 75 years of diplomatic cooperation between Austria and the Philippines in the year 2021.
The scholarships may be taken in any accredited state university or college in the Philippines. Scholarships shall be for the duration of studies until the completion of a 4- or 5-year degree program, subject to satisfactory performance. A STEMS75 full scholarship provides the following benefits to qualified scholars
- Actual cost of school fees for regular and summer semesters or trimesters;
- Cost of prescribed text books, school supplies and required school uniforms as an outright grant of PHP 10,000 per calendar year; and
- A monthly living allowance of PHP 6,000 per month when enrolled.
Applicants for a STEMS75 scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Filipino citizen;
- Residing in the Philippines;
- Marital status: single, without any children;
- Between 17 to 25 years old;
- Good moral character, without any criminal conviction;
- Total annual gross income of both parents must be less than PHP 300,000;
- Enrolled in the 3rd to 5th years in any of the eligible degree programs in an accredited state college or university;
- Weighted average of 2.0 or higher (on a grading scale with 1.0 = highest and 3.0 = passing);
- Proficient in both English and Pilipino.
Interested students may inquire or send complete application forms to PACES at the following email address: